An exciting opportunity at Morfa Bay Adventure has become available for the right canditate
Please see below for further details;
Senior Outdoor Activity Instructor
– Monday 28th February 2022
– £25,000 (pro rata)
– Friday 18th February 2022
As a senior instructor/team leader you will help to oversee the successful delivery of activity programmes and instructor welfare on a daily basis. This also includes carrying out any other work associated with the company and ensuring that tasks are met accordingly.
– Report to centre directors on a regular basis
– Work inline with company procedures/policies
– Maintain a professional approach at all times
– Offer support and guidance to staff where necessary
– Act as a team leader both on and off activities
– Run/delegate staff meetings
– Be responsible for staff monitoring/professional development
– Assist in devising training programmes & strategies
– Maintain the upkeep of staff training/qualification folders
– Offer administrative support when required
– Ensure the safe & correct delivery of activities & operations at the centre and off-site at all times
– Actively engage with visiting groups and regularly liaise with teachers & staff
Required NGBs/Qualifications include;
– SPA or RCI Assessed
– Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC & D1 Driving Licence)
– RLSS National Beach Lifeguard Qualification or similar award
– White Water Safety or equivalent Life Saving Award
Desirable NGBs/Qualifications include;
– UKCC Level 2 Leader
– ML Award (Summer)
– Coasteering/Gorge Walking Leader Validation
You would be required to work an extended ‘duty’ day (until 22:00) once a week during peak season but aside from this atypical working day is from 08:15 – 17:30.
On average the working week is approx 40hrs though this will fluctuate throughout the year (depending on the time of year/volume of guests)
There is the opportunity for further training/qualification e.g. RLSS NVBLQ from 07/02 – 11/02/22, ERCA High Ropes Instructor from 14/03 – 18/03/22
Benefits include; trade prices with the likes of Palm, Montane and DMM, personal use of centre outdoor equipment, a dynamic team environment and a positive work-life balance
Morfa Bay Adventure is a busy, vibrant adventure centre situated on the South West Wales coastline near to the Pembrokeshire Coastal National Park.
Operating as an adventurous activity provider for over 35 years the company has gone from strength to strength offering outdoor experiences to all ages and abilities throughout the year at various locations.
The position will require a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and all applicants must have an in-date first aid qualification or be willing to attend a one day course (minimum) before being considered for employment.
N.B. Morfa Bay Adventure does not offer any on-site rented staff accommodation.
To apply please email a cover letter and C.V. with references to email@example.com